Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just Dance

Last night was the first episode of Dance War. As I watched it, I kept thinking it reminded me of something. Then one of the guys came out to do his solo audition...Black Guy - Braids - Good Singer - Amazing Dancer. Then I knew what I was watching...FAME. The guy was Leroy (Gene Anthony Ray played Leroy on Fame) reincarnated. Before I could get the words out of my mouth, Bruno and Carrie Ann were cosigning with me. I'm good!! But he didn't make the final cut in L.A. (his name wasn't Leroy).

After sitting through bad singers, good singers, bad dancers, good dancers and various strange stuff in between we got a look at the finalists. They ended the live portion of the show with a group performance. I thought we would see who made which team...but we didn't. If you think back to the FAME reality show, that is want this show reminds me of. Hopefully this show won't end up like that reality show. They all seem like better dancers then singers...I wish they were just dancing.