Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sing Or Dance...Pick One

This week the teams had their first official performances as Team Carrie Ann and Team Bruno. I don't know who I feel more sorry for the poor kids on the show or the rest of us for watching. The songs got a little better...but not that much. It was Pop Music Week which gave us songs from the Spice Girls, Chris Brown and Rihanna.

For some reason they made us basically re-watch the last show...flashbacks of them picking the groups injected with commentary from the contestants and judges (boring). They also gave us a look that the rehearsals (turn to American Gladiators to keep you awake). The singing is mediocre
and the dancing is mediocre. You would think the dancing would at least be on point. The show was LIVE...and there were issues with the sound and the camera work. I really felt bad for Chris (Team Carrie Ann) because no one heard him sing during one of the performances...at least he kept singing.

I felt Carrie Ann's team would be better suited as a kiddie group like Hi-5 or the Wiggles. They should have been sing the ABC's to 5 year-old's. Bruno's Team should be in the chorus line of a Broadway show. Don't get me wrong...the contestants have talent (I blame Carrie Ann and Bruno). I was under the impression that the they were suppose to more like a triple threat. I was hoping for people that could be the best singers from American Idol and could be the best dancers from So You Think You Can Dance rolled into one..so my expectations are HIGH. I think I would like it more if the format was different.

The faith of the teams depend on the views votes. The losing team has to send someone home next week.