Sunday, July 11, 2010

Snapple Taste Test

During the last season of Celebrity Apprentice, the final two contestants (Holly Robinson-Peete and Bret Michaels) created their own Snapple drinks. I looked for the drinks but they were always sold out. I just recently was able to get both of them. So we had our own mini taste test.

First up is Bret's Trop-A-Rocka Diet Snapple Tea (view Bret's Snapple commercial). It wasn't bad and I'm not the one to be drinking tea especially diet tea. The pear flavor stood out the most. The best thing is that it had only 5 calories per serving. Not a smooth drink but I would drink it again. Bret's charity is the American Diabetes Association (Sponsor of Camps for Kids With Diabetes) - www.diabetes.org.

Next is Holly's Compassionberry Tea Snapple (view Holly's Snapple commercial). This was really good (probably because of the sugar). The strawberry flavor stood out to us. I can see myself buying this drink again and again. Holly's charity is the HollyRod Foundation - www.hollyrod.org.

I know the Celebrity Apprentice Snapple drinks are for a limited time...but I hope they keep them. I think it would be great to be able to support these charities more.