Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LXD Redifines Dancers As Superheroes!



The
LXD (League of Extraordinary Dancers) has its own web series on Hulu! If you love dancing and spectacles. This is more than both! It looks like Check out LXD's peformance on SYTYCD from last year. So far two episodes have been uploaded and new episodes are due every Wednesday until the end of Summer. The LXD series is directed by Jon Chu (Step Up 2 & Step Up 3D) and features LXD members in a unraveling good vs evil plot that could potentially rival NBC's Heroes. It's sophisticated and puts the league and dance on a nice platform that I truly find exciting. I repeat this isn't a backyard web series.

The LXD series has a pretense that great dancing equates superhuman abilities, which will ruin the whole show if you can't get on board. As comic book head, I'll admit took me more than half of the first episode to get on board myself. Once the "bad guy" was introduced and the LXD was hinted to be this elite-destiny-bound squad, my inner fan boy was pleased. Even if there are no fireballs and telekinetic throw downs, this is where comic book and dance fans intersect. So far Lil C and Harry Shum Jr. (known as "Other Asian" to fellow Gleeks) haven't shown up, but I can't wait. I don't know if I want to go home just to watch Justice Leauge or tonight's episode of SYTYCD.

Watch The LXD at http://thelxd.com/ or http://www.hulu.com/the-lxd