Friday, January 9, 2009

Golden Globes-- Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Since ratings for award shows are continually going down the drain, you don't have to set your TiVo. This is just a friendly reminder that the 66th Annual Golden Globes will air live this Sunday, Jan. 11 on NBC 8PM eastern.

For those that don't know, this is the award show where they sit at tables with their cast and the likelihood of drunk speeches is only surpassed by those award shows on Cable TV! Last year the Globes were a victim of the Writers strike, and--
if I remember correctly-- robbed Diablo Cody (writer of Juno) and Tina Fey of a moment of televised victory. This year, I am rooting for Neil Patrick Harris for his role in How I Met Your Mother-- Jeremy Piven has enough (deserved) trophies. I love Tina Fey to death, but I think Christina Appelgate should get Best Actress. 30 Rock is still my favorite TV comedy. Also, Slumdog Millionaire should get something this award season, specifically the screenwriter. It's such a great story. Click here to see the full list of nominations.