Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SuperHero To SuperModel

A couple of people have asked me if I was going to watch the new modeling show on TV Land called She's Got The Look. Well...I watched the previews and it didn't make me want to tune in every week. It's something I will watch on a Sunday afternoon when I don't have anything else to do.

I did see a familiar face in the group of women that made the cut for the show. One woman by the name of Paula Thomas was picked to move on in the modeling competition. I remembered seeing her last year on season 2 of Who Wants To Be
A Superhero on the SciFi channel. Her hero name on that show was Whip-Snap. Now that was a good show!

Funny, I was looking at her bio on each of the show sites. For the superhero show her age at the time was listed as 31 years-old and on the modeling show her age is now 37 years-old. She sure did age quick. I'm sure she wanted to seem younger for the superhero show...but you think these shows would get better at catching contestants ages.

Sharon, one of the models on She's Got The Look, lied and said she was younger thinking it would help when she was auditioning. The judges found out and made her explain. I still don't get it. She was trying out for a show that is about older women...this is the one time it was good to be older.

But back to Paula...she made it to week 5 as a Superhero. I guess I will have to watch to see how long she makes it as a model...and from the clip below...she won't last too long in the model house. The fashion industry is hard and I don't think the modeling house will be as loving as the superhero house. Hang in there and don't beat those women down in the house.

You can check out new episodes of She's Got The Look - Wednesdays @ 10/9c PM on TVLand

Dare to bare it all - Episode 2