Saturday, April 19, 2008

Under One Roof

This week was the premiere of the new sitcom Under One Roof starring Flavor Flav. I must say it was what I expected in many ways.

As far as the cast…I would fire some of the actors. The wife Ashley (Carrie Genzel), daughter Heather (Marie Michel) and son Winston Jr. (Jesse Reid). They just didn’t seem to fit together. I thought the daughter looked more like a hooker then the Hillary Banks character they were ripping off. The son was too old…they better send him away to college soon.
There was something odd about the way the show was shot. It just seemed like the camera was too far away at times and no one bothered to keep the camera in focus. They must have got this script while the writers were on strike.

Flav needs more work on his acting but that can be worked on. I could probably go on and on about what was wrong with the show. But Kelly Perine who played Winston (Flav's brother) was good. I just couldn’t figure out how he was suppose to be Flav’s brother. Maybe they had the same mother but different fathers. I'm just surprised this show isn't on BET. I hope they find a way to make this show work out for Flav. Did anyone else see the show...What did you think?