Monday, September 7, 2009

ABDC Season 4, Ep 5 Dance Craze Challenge!


Five crews were left for the Dance Craze Challenge on ABDC. To make this challenge stand out, the stage had a trampoline built into it that all the crews had to use. Afroborike were 1st to go again with a mix of Swag Surfing by F.L.Y. It was slow, but it was due to the "walking" transitions. They aren't my favorite crew, but I can't deny their talent after this week. Clearly they have a following because they haven't been in the bottom since they took out Artistry in Motion. Massive Monkees had a routine to one of my favorite jokes, Do the Ricky Bobby. I was cracking up because they Ricky Bobby-ed up and down the stage. As someone remotely familar with that dance craze, they definetly made that dance look fun and funnier than it is. The only problem is that it's not a complicated dance at all. So I'm worried that America won't realized that they were asked too look like rhythm-less cheerleaders by the craze-- not by lack of talent. Rhythm City honestly slipped up for me a little this week. I expected more out them after I saw that they had You're A Jerk by The New Boys. I find the New Boys and the greasy commentary that comes with them absolutely hilarious. Shane left the routine feeling like they didn't "jerk" enough. However, after I re-watched it (just now), I realize that my problem is that it seemed like Rhythm City payed more attention to the trampoline while the better routines seemed to give the dance craze more attention.

We Are Heroes and Vogue Evolution battled it out for survival. We Are Heroes killed Stanky Leg! They grooved with it, gave the craze a twist and did some exciting trampoline work while being clean all the way through. I think if looked harder I probably would find a slip up, but the fact it wasn't obvious at first (second and third) look is saying a lot. The list flip ended perfectly on beat. This is one of those times when I wish I was in the crowd because it had to have been that special live for people to chant the way they did. Vogue Evolution add their own sass to the Halle Berry, which is another song that makes me chuckle. There's not much to say because they got sent home. It was what you would learn to expect from a Vogue Evolution routine, but I will say it was probably better than the other routines they've done on the show. It showed they were getting into the groove of what this show demands from the crews. VE definetly seemed more united this week, maybe Lil' Mama's routine forged them back together again in an unintended way. Best of luck to Vogue Evolution. YouTube that Shit award goes to We Are Heroes! I can only hope that Afroborike is in the bottom next week. I want another Quest vs. Beat Freaks finale not a Jabbawockeez vs.... whats-their-name.