Monday, August 17, 2009

ABDC Season 4, Ep 2 Beyonce Challenge!


Honestly, I wasn't feeling this past episode of ABDC. I think the song assignments ultimately ruined the episode. We Are Heroes made the best out popping to Single Ladies but had a REALLY awkward booty-shake moment that Shane make more awkward by playing the slow motion. I hated that Rhythm City got stuck with Beyonce's newest single which the name escapes me and I don't even care to google it-- thats how wack I thought that song assignment was. They tried to get creative with a story line but I wanted them to get something better. I secretly hoped they would have gotten Ego, but that song seemed to be off the table for use. Massive Monkees were stuck with Work It Out from Beyonce's Goldmember days. Really!? The b-boys got stuck with the video of her with a hoola-hoop and Virgo printed on her jeans?!? Again, they did what they could.

Beat Ya Feet Kings had Crazy In Love. I don't think by any way they performed any better than the previously mentioned crews, but the judges seemed to have all this love for them. I say fuck that. I wasn't feeling them. Vogue Evolution danced to Deja Vu. Again I failed to see the greatness. I had to have been watching a different show. I though VE and BYFK had sucky transitions and uninspired choreo. To my surprise, the judges loved it. I remember when Shane just cutting Boogie Bots and Xtreme Dance Force, but he can't say negative shit now?! That's some bull. I need him to get his balls back. Southern Movement were just okay yet cleaner than some. They danced to Jumpin' Jumpin'-- not a Beyonce song, but maybe Kelly Rowland got some royalties off getting that song cleared... maybe. Again not the most inspiring song of the Beyonce catalogue.

In the end, Artistry in Motion and AfroBorike were left to fight for their lives. Artistry in Motion received Diva, and AfroBorike got Beautiful Liar. Now, we want to match songs to crews?! WTF producers? Artistry had to dance with a chain while AfroBorike had to move their hips? I honestly like Artistry in Motion's routine better. I think they nailed it. AfroBorike rested on their sex appeal. Like bad poetry, Artistry in Motion was sent home by a crew that out sexed and stunted them (but mostly just out sexed). It was pretty lame in my opinion. No harsh critiques, no all Asian-crew, all of a sudden we pretend that Vogue Evolution were the first to wave the rainbow flag (have we forgotten Fanny Pak so soon?)-- Where is the ABDC I fell in love with? No Youtube That Shit award, but just check out Artistry in Motion. They deserve it. Good luck, ladies.