Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Movie Picks

Getting ready for Halloween? Here are a few of my favorite stay at home Halloween Movies. All I need now is some movie food.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

A little something for the kids...or anyone that wants to get a little of their childhood back. Charlie Brown gets rocks in his trick-or-treat bag. Linus awaits a visitation from the Great Pumpkin in a pumpkin patch. If you don't want to buy the DVD, you can catch it Tuesday, October 28 @ 8PM on ABC.

Devil Bat

I watch this movie every year. It's a 1940's classic starring Bela Lugosi as a mad scientist that creates a devil bat. It's a great movie to watch. Very cheesy but great!! I might even pull out
my other DVD - Devil Bat's Daughter. A woman is horrified by the realization that her father may have been a vampire and that she may have inherited his thirst for blood in this sequel to "The Devil Bat." Gotta Love It!!

Zombies of Mora Tau

This movie is truly a classic. Nothing better then zombies underwater. Zombies of Mora Tau (1957) catalogues a researching team's attempts to confiscate a diamond stash lodged on an abandoned ship in a harbor guarded by the living dead. I love the zombie sailors coming out of the fog. I can't wait for Netflix to deliver it. I might watch this as soon as I get it.