Friday, August 22, 2008

Super Cr3w Wins!

Last night was the second season finale of America's Best Dance Crew! It was an hour of collaborated dances, extended pauses, and pre-recorded tears. It was cool to see all the crews back, specifically A.S.I.I.D. and Distorted X. I missed them a lot. Of the collaborated dances I liked the opening with SoReal & Super Cr3w, South, and West region performances the most. Once all of that was done and some touching final words from the judges, Super Cr3w were announced the winners. They actually got a trophy! If I were the Jabbawockez, I would have to clown a little over that. Along with the title, Super Cr3w were offered a slot in the tour and $100,000.

The post show was what you expected. Lots of short interviews with Super Cr3w. At one point the Jabbawockez jumped in, and I guess one of Jabba was in or just really tight with Super Cr3w? It was live and confusing, so I can't say for sure. Dave Scott talked to fellow choreographers Hi Hat and Napoleon & Tabitha. No one clowned or showed out, but the highlight was when A.S.I.I.D. was asked about how they felt about going on tour. A.S.I.I.D. looked stumped. The MTV correspondent was like well its on the teleprompter, so it must be true. Right before the break she was like ya'll going on tour, and A.S.I.I.D. pulled a Price Is Right freak out. It was cute, and if they do go on tour I'm that much more tempted to shell out some money.