Friday, August 1, 2008

Fanny Outfreaked The Bots

The final four crews of America's Best Dance Crew opened last night with a pre-recorded performance with Missy lip-syncing to her song Shake Your Pom Pom. I like the collaborated dances they do on the show. It makes you feel that the dancers get along outside of crying as they send another crew home. SoReal started the night with a bang to One Minute Man. They had everything down, and their clothes were fly. Easily my favorite performance by SoReal in the past weeks. JC called them out on a lack of difficulty, but Shane-pulled a Lil Mama- and defended with their timing on their opening trick. Super Cr3w was able to breathe easily before performing We Run This, which had b-boy all over it. They did their thing, but my favorite part (not to take way from their more amazing moves) was the Jump-On-It-Carlton/Fresh Prince-throwback dance. Once again Super Cr3w made me want to hop on a plane and go see Battle Of The Year. On a real note, one of the guys lost his place in the routine in the beginning, but the judges didn't call them out on it. So what right? I'm more amazed they aren't sporting mad injuries from their moves. I know it had to feel good having Missy tell you that "ya'll made my video look wack [in comparison]."

The bottom 2 were Boogie Bots and Fanny Pak. After watching the recap package for
Boogie Bots (bottom photo from MTV.com), I felt for them. They were just mugged, stripped, and thrown under the bus on last week's show. I didn't plan on them staying this long either, so I can't pretend I'm humanitarian of the year. The routine to Work It was kind of a mess for this point in the game, especially compared to the other crews- which is the nature of being in the bottom 2. Last season Lil Mama made Yuri cry, and this time she got a whole crew feeling shitty. Fanny Pak (top photo from MTV.com) just obliterated the Bots when they performed Get Your Freak On. They amplified the hell out of that video and added some horror. It was on some next level shit that left me amazed. Funny enough, the opening lyrics include, "gimme some new shit."

Boogie Bots were sent home and respectfully bowed out.
Even though I wish they would have fought more but thats me being starved for Jerry Springer reruns. Fanny Pak, Super Cr3w, and SoReal are the last three dancing before the finals. Everyone has a leg up (sympathy-wise) in the competition. SoReal are lucky to be the last non-west coast team-- aka less split votes. Fanny Pak surpassed expectations and next week is the 80's challenge-- uh hello! Alas, Super Cr3w has the judges' blessing. Shane declared that if Super Cr3w are in the bottom again then he's going to resign as a judge. I think that was a risky thing to say. I mean the last three are good, and only one group can be safe. Is this the season destined for a West vs. West coast finale? The YouTube That Shit award goes to Fanny Pak. Best of luck to Boogie Bots. Also for those watching SYTYCD missed seeing Supreme Soul in Times Square last night doing some pre-episode spots with Dave Scott. Make that money fellas!